Open Mainframe Project Summer 2017 Interns

The Open Mainframe Project Summer 2017 Internship Program has selected eight interns for our 2017 program and proudly welcomes:

Roy Miner – North Carolina A&T State University
Kevin Lee – University of Illinois
Octavia Epps – North Carolina A&T State University
Isong Uyo Idio Jr – North Carolina A&T State University
Artem Minin – Syracuse University
Akanksha Srivastava – International Institute of Information Technology at Hyderabad
Sakala Venkata Krishna – International Institute of Information Technology at Hyderabad
Amit Kumar Jaiswal – UIET CSJM University

These students will be working on projects in one of the following areas: OpenStack, Blockchain, Linux Monitoring Tools, and Anomaly Detection Engine for Linux Logs.

Mainframers-Do you have any perils of wisdom or pieces of content you would like to share with our interns around these focus areas?

2 Likes

Great to see such a diversely located set of interns coming together to work on Linux on the mainframe. The fact that they are working on such cool projects as Openstack and Blockchain, makes this more exciting. Can’t wait to see their progress at SHARE IN Rhodes island in a few months…

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome and the kind remarks. I have never visited Providence so I am looking forward to meeting everyone at the SHARE IN Rhode Island. Once again thank you and see you soon. Hopefully, Rhode Island’s proposal is accept and permission is granted and I’ll get a chance to see one of Googles’ self-driving cars automating its way around the city streets.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this amazing blog this is useful.