Accessing Remote Data from local App

Hi. I’m trying to figure out how to process remote data from my local PC Cobol application? I created an application under W10, using OpenCobolIDE, and I do not know which is the best way to access and process the data stored somewhere on the Internet instead of locally?. How about cloud media like Dropbox, and how to use it, pros/cons, etc.? Regards.

You can access data implicitly in the context of a job. When code is generated for a job, it is generated in the current context. The context includes the default SAS Application Server when the code was generated, the credentials of the person who generated the code, and other information. The context of a job affects how data is accessed when the job is executed.
In order to access data in the context of a job, you need to understand the distinction between local data and remote data. Local data is addressable by the SAS Application Server when code is generated for the job. Remote data is not addressable by the SAS Application Server when code is generated for the job.