Welcome to the Open Mainframe Project Discourse Forum

The goal of this forum is to provide a place where mainframe experts can answer questions from developers and users who want to learn more what they can do with the open mainframe and how to get started.

The Open Mainframe Project is intended to serve as a focal point for deployment and use of Linux and Open Source in a mainframe computing environment. The Project intends to increase collaboration across the mainframe community and to develop shared tool sets and resources. Furthermore, the Project seeks to involve the participation of academic institutions to assist in teaching and educating the mainframe engineers and developers of tomorrow.

4 Likes

So glad this is finally in place, get engaged, ask questions, post answers but above all get involved!

3 Likes

Great to have a forum here! I will contribute as much as I can.

4 Likes

Small world, isn’t it Steven. Just joined the community today. Greetings!

4 Likes

Small world for sure

1 Like

S’weet! Looking forward to the dialogue and contributing to ecosystem topics

1 Like

I am happy to join this forum I will do my best here

2 Likes

Happy to join here . I I’ll do my Betsy level

2 Likes

“I am a student in Dr. Seay’s virtualization class”.

1 Like

I have not done any programming in a while but would be willing to help out I am a disabled Veteran so all I need is to is too learn it again and I am sure I can pick it up quick

3 Likes

20+ mainframe cobol, jcl ims db2 cics

A post was split to a new topic: Suressh Kumar Devarajan

COBOL Developer with 12+ years available part time to volunteer. I am currently working as a COBOL Developer and has a total experience of 12+ years. And I am available to help on COBOL VSAM DB2 ISPF JCL etc .
For details on COBOL one can go thru my blog
http://www.techtricky.com/category/mainframes/cobol/

I have worked on mainframe (Cobol, db2, jcl, vsam, rexx, selcopy, IMS-DB etc) for 8 years. I am working as a python developer now. Happy to be part of this forum.

A post was split to a new topic: Available as part time volunteer

Looking forward to contribute & learn from this forum.

25+ years as a mainframe programmer using Cobol, PL1, and Ideal with JCL, IMS, DB2

Having 8 years experience in Mainframes(cobol,jcl,DB2,cics,vsam)