- Name: Richard “Kap” Kaplowitz
- COBOL Experience: Expert
- Location: Frederick, Maryland USA
- Availability: Part-Time Remote Access
- Availability Type: Available to Hire, if for COVID-19 related will accept beginner salary
Senior Mainframe Programmer with more than 20 years mainframe programming, coding, testing, analysis, training and team building and leading in IBM OS, JCL, Utilities, and COBOL systems environment.
Technical Skills Summary
● Mainframe specializing in: COBOL, OS/390, z/OS, COBOL II/III, IBM JCL, CLISTs, REXX, CICS (Macro, Command Level), VSAM, DB2, Librarian, Panvalet, Abend-Aid, ENDEVOR, and File-Aid.
● Full systems development life cycle experience in a mainframe environment.
● IT Projects in government and private industry, Statistical Abstract Systems, Management Decision Support Systems, Financial Systems, Payroll/Personnel Systems, Medical and Health Care Delivery Information Systems, Welfare Benefit Delivery Systems, Food Service Inventory/Control Systems.
● Wide-ranging hands-on work experience performing: Technical evaluations - application system processes, procedures and operations; Independent Validation & Verification for government application systems; Authorship/editing technical responses to multiple Requests for Proposals. Documentation generation; every phase within the SDLC.
● Current daily use of Microsoft 365 products EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK