Can't create an account on OMP Slack (restricted to a number of domains)

Greetings,

I’m trying to get access to a Mainframe using the COBOL Programming with VSCode Labs provider system suggested in the Getting Started.

I can’t seem to create an account on the OpenMainframeProject Slack as mentioned in the COBOL Programming with VSCode Labs Confirmation email containing my credentials.

Unfortunately I have to use the @Zih_COBOL app in the Slack to get the password to connect to the Mainframe from VSCode.

It seems signups are restricted to a number of email domains, maybe it’s a misconfiguration?

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi @cappert - please try again now. Apologizes for the confusion.

Hi, I am having this same situation I can not access Slack to generate my password because it only shows that I can only log in with domain emails linuxfoundation.org, phoenixsoftware.com,contractor.linuxfoundation.org and
virtualzcomputing.com.

Best regards

This should be fixed now - thanks!

Same thing is still happening. I don’t believe it’s fixed. I am trying to get into the slack channel, but I can’t work it out - it won’t work with my work address, my personal address and I don’t have an email address for any of those domains listed. Any ideas?

This is fixed now - sorry for this! The challenge is the Slack link expires after a while and we need to reset it manually; we will try to watch for this and change the link proactively in the future.

Hello, I seem to be having the same problem getting access to this slack channel, can you please reset the link? Thanks