Issue in Hands-on Tutorial

Hello!
I am trying to get a hands-on on Zowe using the Hands-on Tutorial given at https://zowe.org/home/. I have followed the document step-by-step but at the 5th step, i.e., for building the zLUX apps, the build fails due to an npm install issue. After going through the error logs, it seems like we missing a few packages required for the build. I have set up all the pre-requisites and cloned the required code from Github.

PFB the error log:
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
[exec] npm ERR! errno 2
[exec] npm ERR! org.zowe.editor.webclient@2.1.0 build: webpack --config ./webpack.build.config.js --progress
[exec] npm ERR! Exit status 2
[exec] npm ERR!
[exec] npm ERR! Failed at the org.zowe.editor.webclient@2.1.0 build script.
[exec] npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
[exec]
[exec] npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
[exec] npm ERR! C:\Users\neena.b\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-07-17T05_51_46_261Z-debug.log
[exec] Result: 2
[echo] Result of build in D:\Git_Zowe\zlux\zlux-editor\webClient is: 2
BUILD FAILED

Any pointers on this will be helpful.

Hey @nsharon,

I apologize for the late reply. The Zowe Editor has seen lots of bug fixes & improvements throughout the year, so I would attempt to do this again with the current version (or ‘staging’ branch if you would like the latest and greatest). If it still doesn’t want to npm install, can you specify your node version, your OS (guessing Windows because of C:\Users\neena.b\AppData|) & that full debug log located in that specified temp location