Expert 28 yrs mainframe cobol jcl vsam cics db2

• Name: Sue Siebens
  • COBOL Experience: Expert
  • Availability: Full-time, immediately available
  • Availability Type: for hire
  • Link to LinkedIn profile (or other relevant job experience information): https://www.linkedin.com/in/sue-siebens-54731447/

I’ve been a full-time owner/operator of a natural healing business for the past 6 years. But Covid-19 has permanently shut down that enterprise.
I’m looking forward to resuming my IT career and I’m available for immediate hire.
I love COBOL and the mainframes it runs on.
As you can see on my resume, many of my contract assignments have been on conversion projects. This means I’ve developed unique skills in figuring out undocumented systems and untangling spaghetti-code so that legacy functionality and data integrity is retained and supported. I do not find research boring or undesirable. Unlike many, I find it interesting and rewarding.
Most of my contract assignments were originally for three months, but I was regularly renewed for 2-3 years and more. I’ve worked on-site and remotely with equal effectiveness. Adept at all phases of SDLC, I’ve gathered user requirements, tailoring them to available delivery vehicles, interfaced designs with existing systems and seen to the testing and final product delivery.
As an employee and consultant, I’ve worked on both large enterprise legacy systems and mid-range applications and can integrate into team collaborations or contribute individually. I’m adept at working with management, teammates, and users, by meeting them at their level of technical expertise and business understanding, guiding them project success.
I’m excited about new projects and challenges in the IT world, where I prospered for many years.
I look forward to working with you,
Sue Siebens