COBOL Programmer - Mainframe and UNIX with extensive SQL

• Name: Sam Moczygemba
  • COBOL Experience: Intermediate
  • Availability: Part-time or Full-time
  • Availability Type: Available to Hire or Volunteer
  • LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sammoc/

My experience with COBOL was developing interfaces between IBM mainframe and UNIX systems for multiple states’ income tax processing systems. This included data conversion, along with transaction processing tasks. Beyond that I have experience developing Payroll (including unemployment tax), Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Subcontract, Job Status, Project Management and Equipment Management systems in other languages.

In regards to COBOL-related systems, I worked with VSAM, ADABASE and sequential files on mainframe. I wrote the JCL for my programs and a small team. On UNIX my COBOL experience includes embedded SQL interacting with Oracle and processing fixed-width files. The last COBOL work I performed was twenty years ago, but since that time my UNIX (now Linux) skills have continued to evolve. I have twenty years of production experience with Linux, SQL, Python, Java and C.

Please let me know if I can be of any help with the need for developers. I am willing to travel and volunteer.