- Name: Joel A.
- COBOL Experience: (Beginner, Intermediate, Expert) Beginner - studied when in college some years ago
- Location: (City, State, Country) Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Availability: (Part-time, Full-time) Part time (maybe full)
- Availability Type: (Volunteer, Available to Hire) Available to Hire
- Link to LinkedIn profile (or other relevant job experience information): Mostly have worked in Windows based support and sysadmin but studied COBOL, JCL, CICS and SQL (VSAM?) back in college (CUNY, NYCTC now John Roeblings). These were IBM z360’s (or maybe 370’s?). I also remember the acronyms MVS or VMS being involved and it will probably all come flooding back once I get hands-on.
Have a logical thought process (programmers mind) and eye for detail/debugging. Have experience with accounting (Quickbooks, basic GAP) as I took a few semesters of accounting back then and have kept practice by keeping books for my own business and some others.
I have strong Windows skills (desktop and server) some Linux ability, strong networking, some HTML and CSS ability and a smattering of other experiences from the past 30 years of being in and around IT. Good at troubleshooting.
I am willing to help and I am able to learn quickly.